hi there.

So I finally broke down and started blogging.
Not that I needed anything else to consume my time, but hey- it sounded fun. =)
Now to the interesting stuff! After patiently waiting for what seemed like forever,
my WONDERFULL hubby helped me get studio
lighting & equipment for my photography. YAY!!!
For the past year, I've repeatedly told my clients that I was an 'on location photographer.'
It feels great to be able to invite people to my studio. I wanted a studio for several reasons:

1) fashion photography.
I've always loved taking pictures of models and their awesome outfits,
so naturally when I met the creator of Ella Phante Phashion, I was thrilled!
I knew then that I would get to shoot modeling photography alot more often..
and what better way to do so than with our own mini fashion studio right in my apartment.

2) stock photography
I take stock photos for myself all the time.
If I want to sell something on etsy, or if my boss at work
needs a picture of a new item- I'm already there.
But I'd like to start taking stock photos on a more professional level.
Studio lighting will make that SOOO much easier.
I'm currently doing the stock photos for an entire website that sells spa products.
...and as pay, I get to keep the scrumptious scented products that I photograph. ;) woo!

3) infant portraits
So, my friend Brittany is having a baby.
I want to expand my portfolio by taking newborn photos.
I hear they're tiring, frustrating, and durn near impossible...
but the shots you get are worth their weight in gold.
I think I can do it. I have a maternity shoot with brittany the end of march,
and a newborn session soon after baby drake lee is born. It's practice,
so it's a free shoot- but If it works out who knows where I'll go from there.

Well, I've unloaded my brain for today.
On a side note, I can't wait until our next fashion shoot!
It's feb. 6th, and apparently the look I have to pull of is 'sunny rainbow.'
SOOoooo... I hand painted this wooden bangle to match my rainbow-ness for the shoot.
Hope you like it heather. =)







5 comments:

  1. YAY! You got a blog!!
    #1 : my ego really likes that my business is mentioned in your number one :)
    #B LUCKYYYY!!! I love yummy smelling things.
    and finally, that bangle is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!
    p.s. First to comment! yesssssssssssssssssssssss. I popped your comment cherry;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!!
    My husband does that... #A & #B.
    I thought you'd like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I didn't even do it on purpose that time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous13.3.10

    Love your photo. and love that you are trying different aspects of photography. If you want any tips on newborns let me know!! They are my specialty... LOVE doing them even though it takes ages sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm trying to find my niche... love doing weddings & fashion, but trying my hand at more intimate portraits of people & children. It's an adventure & I love every miniute of it! =)

    ReplyDelete